Monday 2 March 2009

Visit to Cherrybrook

I dont remember alot about the journey home. I remember we all sat in the front room in silence,trying hard not to be too upset in front of the children. "Right come on everyone lets get out" . Off we went for a slap up rather expensive indian meal. Money all of a sudden had little importance, and that remained the same for the next six months.
We were invited for a visit to the hospital to look around the chemo unit. We were all absolutely terrified and still i believe in denial. We were shown a video in a little room that had obviously been decorated to look cheerful yet didnt quite do the job! On the whole, i have to say it wasn`t at all what i expected. Instead of being full of ill looking people crying and whaling in pain which is what i envisaged , we were met with smiles and laughter and warmth. People sharing out cakes and bags of sweets.

1 comment:

  1. oh - I remember that little 'tour' - it was like being in a dream. That video is totally surreal! And I remember there were fabric flowers in the window eheheh...and that I couldn't wait for the blasted video to be finished so I could ask a real person a billion questions!

    I never ate so many sweeties either!
    x

    ReplyDelete