Wednesday 4 March 2009

Doctor `do little`

I decided, against mums wishes, to call out the doctor. Just for a quick check over, although mum was feeling allot better now. I am no fan of my mums doctor. I do feel he is to blame for not picking up on mums symptoms when she had been to see him so many times. He wasn`t very knowledgeable about ovarian cancer, in fact i think he had only come across it once before in his whole career.
He arrived after his surgery had finished. He checked her over and decided her blood pressure must have sunk very low. Unfortunately he was unable to tell this for sure as he had forgotten his blood pressure monitor!!!! Did he put my mind at rest? errr..no!
From that day on i wouldn`t let mum out of my site. I checked her through the night and would not let her leave the house alone. The strain that i put upon myself by doing this was immense.
The strain that i put on my partner and children by doing this was also immense. The strain that i must have put on my mum, i can only guess, but at that time ,in my ever struggling mind, i felt it was the right thing to do.
By the time of chemo number three my anxiety was terrible. My heart raced constantly, and i could think of nothing else apart from what we were going through. Life was cancer.
At the hospital they weren`t overly concerned with mum`s collapsing, and it did reassure me a little.
Chemo three went smoothly and mums bloods were excellent, so it took me by surprise when one Saturday morning we had yet another fright.

No comments:

Post a Comment