Saturday 28 February 2009

The operation

I took mum in to the hospital. As i left her we cuddled and i wept. It was like a scene from a film as i walked backwards to the car waving all the way.
Wine again to sleep.
It was over, the operation had gone well. The nurse told me so.
I raced to the hospital and on entering the room i froze and fear made me back out of the room. All those tubes. Something wasn`t right. The nurse put her arms around me . I knew.I`
m sure the nurse did too.
The next few days were a bit of a blur . I know i had to bite my lip as i showered mum , but getting wet hid my tears.
Mum kept saying they said it wasn`t straightforward but no-one could tell me anything.
Finally the consultant arrived.
"we had trouble with your mums ovaries. It`s very unusual to have two types of cancer but i am highly suspicious"
Mum was discharged. I was relieved to have her with me at my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment